Mr Peter O’Sullivan – Director
Peter is an HR leader, business executive and lawyer with deep professional experience in culture, strategy, leadership development and organisational change.
He joined BDO Australia as Head of People & Culture in 2011, and since 2013 has been a member of the BDO Global People Committee. This Committee supports the Global Head of People with formulation and execution of the firm’s global people strategy and promotes best practice in HR and learning and development across the global organisation. The global impact of his work was recognised in 2017 with the prestigious BDO Medal, making Peter the first HR professional to be awarded this honour.
Peter’s professional expertise encompasses the impact of wellbeing on performance, and the importance of the work environment and organisational culture in supporting and facilitating people’s wellbeing. He is passionate about social impact, inclusion and enabling opportunities through education, and has served as a long-term member of the QUT School of Management Industry Advisory Group and as Management Committee President of both an independent community kindergarten and a university tennis club.
As a result, Peter brings a unique capacity to further the QDHP Board with his governance and leadership experience, business acumen and passion for workplace wellbeing.
Qualifications, Fellowships & Memberships
- Master of Business Administration (University of Queensland)
- Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) (University of Queensland)
- Bachelor of Arts (Japanese language major) (University of Queensland)
- Graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Certified member of the Australian Human Resources Institute (CAHRI)
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia