Dr Melissa Naidoo – Director
Dr Mellissa Naidoo is a medical practitioner and specialist medical administrator with over 15 years of experience in clinical and medical leadership roles across both the public and private sector. She has a passion for educating doctors and has led initiatives supporting flexible work and training, wellness and cultural change designed to enhance the health of the individual as well as the health of the organisation as it delivers safe quality care to the community.
A strong advocate for inclusion and diversity in leadership, Dr Naidoo was the recipient of a Joint Government/Australian Institute of Company Directors Board Diversity Scholarship and has undertaken the prestigious Harvard Executive Women in Health Care program in Boston. As a Graduate of the AICD, she is also an experienced board director and serves on several medical professional and health committees, enabling her to bring these invaluable skills to her role as a Director on the QDHP Board. In addition to her industry knowledge and interest in doctors’ health, Mellissa brings expertise in leadership, governance, clinician engagement and strategy and risk management to the Board.
Mellissa is a mother of two young children and also actively involved in her local community, volunteering with the local girl guides and school activities. She enjoys reading, dancing and the arts and is a member of the QAGOMA Future Collective and QLD Ballet Friends.
Qualifications, Fellowships & Memberships
- Certified Health Informatician Australasia – HISA
- Graduate – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow – Australasian College of Health Service Management
- Fellow – Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators
- Masters Health Management – University of New South Wales
- Diploma Child Health – Women’s & Children’s Hospital, South Australia
- Bachelor Medicine Bachelor Surgery – Flinders University
- Bachelor of Science (Hons I) – University of Queensland